If you are thinking about buying a home in the next few years, your first step in the process should be to enroll in the homebuyer education course offered through the Wyoming Housing Network, Inc. (WHN). The course offers a comprehensive online class covering all aspects of home buying as well as the opportunity to work one-on-one with a homeownership counselor. The one-on-one session is catered to your specific needs and allows you to ask the questions you may have about the home buying process as well as helping you develop your monthly budget.
Homebuyers applying for a WCDA loan are required to complete both the online class and the one-on-one budgeting session.
The advantages of a WCDA loan
WCDA has been in the business of financing the purchase of homes for low and moderate income first time homebuyers for over 35 years and we understand the financing needs of Wyoming homebuyers. Below is a list of some of the advantages of a WCDA loan:
- Lower rate mortgage financing
- Several loan types to choose from with lower down payment requirments:
- Rural Development
- Conventional loans with mortgage insurance
- Conventional loans wihout mortgage insurance
- Programs for both first-time homebuyers and non-first-time homebuyers
- Mortgage loans for purchasing a principal residence
- Mortgage loans for refinancing your principal residence
- Single-close mortgage loans for the purchase and rehabilitation of your principal residence
- Second mortgage loans for down payment and closing costs
- Low closing costs
- Loans are serviced by WCDA in Wyoming
To begin the process of applying for a WCDA loan please refer to Applying for a WCDA Loan.