access your account
Community partners

Energy Assistance Information

If you are having trouble paying your utility bills, you may qualify for one of the following programs:

Wyoming Energy Savers Program (WCDA 307-265-0603) insulation, weather stripping, a programmable thermostat, exterior storm windows, exterior doors, and exterior storm doors this winter, increasing the energy efficiency of your home, and cutting your utility costs this heating season.

WES is designed to assist homeowners with loans up to $15,000 for weatherization improvements to their homes. In order to qualify you must own your home and meet income restrictions based on household income, family size, and county. Your household income cannot exceed 80% of Area Median Income.

For more details contact a local bank, financial institution, credit union, or any WCDA participating lender, or call the WCDA Office at (307) 265-0603.

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) 1-800-246-4221
Assists low income families by providing payments directly to fuel supplier. The amount of the benefit is based on the type of fuel, monthly income and the number of people in the household. Each household can also receive a one-time benefit of up to $400 to alleviate a heat-related crisis such as shut-off notice, tank hook-up etc. LIEAP clients are also eligible for Weatherization assistance. Applications are confidential and may be obtained by calling the toll free number above.

Energy Share of Wyoming
Energy assistance to those who do not qualify for LIEAP and are experiencing a situation such as a medical or family crisis, which makes it difficult to pay their energy bills. Funded by utility companies, customers, local businesses and private donations. Applications are taken through the local Salvation Army or Utility Company. For more information call 1-877-461-5719.

Veteran's Exemption
An honorably discharged veteran who has been a bona fide Wyoming resident for at least three years that provides discharge papers serving during designated dates or receiving authorized medals may qualify for a Veteran's Exemption in reference to taxes. For more information contact your local County Assessor's Office.

Property Tax Relief Program
All Wyoming counties through the county treasurer will give a property tax rebate based on income, etc. Contact your county treasurer or the State of Wyoming at 1-307-777-7320 for information.

Local Assistance
Local Agencies, organizations, churches may provide assistance. You may obtain a list of those providing utility assistance by calling Pathways Plus/Connect Wyoming at 1-800-889-8309 or check them out online.

WCDA news

Closed August 21, 2017 for Solar Eclipse

WCDA will be closed all day Monday, August 21st, 2017 for the Solar Eclipse event.…read more »

more news »